Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Mmmmmmmm...... Good


Coming up this Thursday is our first Yarn Tasting. We have a nice little party planned, and we're both so excited! This is an Event. We've chosen 8 yarns to taste--and everyone who attends gets a sample.

I have never attended an actual wine tasting on account of how I do not like the taste of wine, but Kim has explained to me that this will be similar to a wine tasting. She says that at a wine tasting, you get a little sample and then want more; on a yarn level, this makes a lot of sense to me. We'll no doubt be telling you to sniff each yarn to see if it has a sheepy bouquet.

We have a lot of good things planned: We'll have not only a discount for that night on the yarns we taste, but of course we'll also have snacks and door prizes. Kim keeps coming up with dramatic, fun ways of showing off the yarns. She is worried that I will be boring and only tell you, "This is yarn. You can knit it. Or crochet it." This low-level of drama from me is indeed a very real danger.

But Dearest Kimmie: For you, I will try my best to be dramatic! I promise!

We both spent today making a lot of cute little mini-skeins. Kim has been spending the past few days writing up wonderful descriptions of the yarn. Today, I threw that off a bit with my last-minute shuffles of exactly which yarns we're going to taste.

By now you might be wondering what my role is in this whole thing other than winding mini-skeins. It's my job to explain what we can make out of all the yarns. I'm in the middle of researching that. It's a tough job, but someone's gotta do it.

Above is your preview. We got it yesterday. I'm madly playing with it to see what I can tell you about it. Hint: This picture is an extreme close up.

We have just a few opening left for this event, so if you're interested, give us a call ASAP!

Yarn Tasting: Thursday, September 25, 6-9 p.m.

2 comments:

Yarnhog said...

Oh, I wish I lived close enough to come! A yarn tasting sounds like a lot more fun than a wine tasting.

I am also drama-impaired. Fortunately (?), I am surrounded by people who live for drama.

Anonymous said...

Hi Cynthia,
Would it be possible to get a copy of any of the pictures of the cupcakes?
my email is:
his105@psu.edu
Thanks so much,
Hannah