Wednesday, June 23, 2010

I Will Call it ... Mini-Wrap

I am completely, utterly enamored with this Kureyon-sock-yarn wrap, which will be so small as to be a scarf. I don't want to stop working on it. I love working on small needles. (I inherited that from my mother, I suspect.) The knitting actually seems to go faster. You don't have to turn as much bulk when you go back and forth, and the needles make less motion because they are smaller. And the stitches are so very small and cute.

This scarf will take the identical number of stitches that the wrap took. It will just be 1/4 the size.

I haven't come to the yellow and light blue and bright pink yet, which makes me want to knit all the more. Part of the fun of knitting is wondering what it will look like--then seeing it take shape.

I admit that I feel a bit foolish about how giddy I feel. But I can live with that.

Updates as they occur.

No comments: