A Behind-the-Scenes Tour
It's May. When you walk in our shop right now, it looks as if things are slow. On the surface, they are. The weather has been gorgeous and it is spring. People are out gardening (some of our customers have been saying that they are planting too early, but who can resist?), and we all have cabin fever. We still have customers in and out all day, but it's not the delightful chaos of winter in our shop.
But don't let your eyes fool you. Even though it's serenely quiet on the surface, we're in one of our busiest times: We're planning summer. First, we've been working to get many new samples finished. Come on in and look at all our work! One of our quilting teachers (and a fabulous longarm quilter), Deb Kerr, kindly came in early one Saturday morning with a tall ladder--Cynthia and Kim are both nervous on tall ladders--and hung all the samples.
And second, we were working on the Summer newsletter. Everyone who comes in is asking about it. It's at the printer now. We should get it back in a day or two, and with any luck, you'll have it the week after that!
We have many plans for summer:
* Classes, classes, classes. New quilting, knitting, crocheting, and felting classes to tempt you.
* Our Anniversary Open House right after Memorial Day (it's been 3 years for us!)
* A Christmas-in-July week that includes special Christmas classes plus a one-day quilting shop hop between our store and Postively Heaven in Tyrone
* Our own traveling to the wholesale yarn market. (We're thinking right now about what we might need for fall and winter. In our line of work, summer is in December and fall is in May. Summer is over, baby.)
* Making plans to be a vendor at TKGA at Valley Forge in July.
So get ready for the next newsletter, which is coming your way soon...